EXPERIENCE AND CAREER HIGHLIGHTS
Univision News. Miami, Florida. [2017-present]
Manager, CSR & Social Impact Digital News
- Develop digital and social media strategies for the Company’s CSR efforts.
- Help generate strategies supporting corporate advocacy campaigns and initiatives for advancing Latinos including #TodosporlosDreamers, Unidos por los nuestros, Technolochicas and Stop the SB4 in Texas.
- Create distinctive, original pieces in a wide range of formats including video, text, podcasts, interactive elements, graphics, and other digital pieces for social impact across Univision.
- Devise and execute the digital and social media content approach and editorial calendar for partner-funded projects.
- Assist with grant proposals by collecting data, writing, and delivering the proposal according to deadlines.
- Identify new platforms for delivering CSR and Social Impact content and worked towards finding new ways of building relationships and engaging with our communities.
- Help develop the strategy and execution of digital and social media content for the Univision Foundation and the Creative Thread Foundation.
Univision News. Miami, Florida. [2016-2017]
Research and write articles and features in a range of story forms: short liveblog posts, long stories, interviews, analytical essays, first person narratives, and data-driven visual stories for Univision Noticias and Univision Noticias | Salud.
Create, edit and write content specifically for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other social platforms. Since I was brought to Univision Salud, the Facebook account grew 47% (from 143,313 to 210,329 fans) and the Twitter account grew 779% (from 16,685 to 146,605 followers).
Understand the importance of analytics and other digital tools to successfully analyze audiences to build and grow readership while empowering the Hispanic community.
Build relationships and engage with readers, especially through social media platforms.
Contratiempo magazine. Chicago, Illinois. [2010-2016]
Art Director and member of the Editorial Board
• Executed the production of 48 issues of Contratiempo, a 28-page and weekly premier Spanish-language cultural and literary publication in the Midwest, and one of the oldest in the country.
Thomson Reuters. Chicago, Illinois. 
• In charge of page layout, typesetting and digital imaging for a wide variety of magazines in the sectors of law making, accounting and health.
El Sistema | Fundación Musical Simón Bolívar. Chicago - Venezuela. [2008-2012]
• Coordinated a cross-disciplinary team of programmers, journalists and designers for the redesign of the bilingual website http://fundamusical.org.ve/, which had a traffic at the moment of 500 unique users each day that generated approximately 2,000 daily pageviews. The main objective was to incorporate new content and improve the user experience to cater to an audience of students, teachers and the general public.
• Oversaw printed and digital materials, including the editorial publications, marketing and advertising used during the tours through Europe, Asia and America from 2008-2012. The organization has 31 symphonic orchestras and more than 370,000 children attend its music schools around the country.
• Established Fundamusical’s social media twitter account and a multimedia blog, among other social media initiatives.
• Traveled around the world helping to spread the organization’s ideas on how to defeat poverty through artistic education. There are now more than 50 El Sistema-based programs just in the US.
El Nacional, Venezuela’s leading daily paper. [2002-2008]
• Conceptualized, researched and wrote more than 4,000 articles under time-sensitive deadlines.
• Extensively traveled worldwide to research and report global news.
• Received a button from Venezuelan Symphony Orchestra, founded in 1930. “The distinction was awarded in recognition for the reporter’s magnificent diffusion work in the art field.”
• Works published in national publications, such as El Tiempo in Colombia, El Mercurio in Chile, La Nación in Argentina and El Universal in Mexico.
• Worked as a freelancer with many influential clients across different media and platforms, in both digital and traditional media. They range from global brands to inspiring independent artists like Gustavo Dudamel, Music Director of Simón Bolívar Symphonic Orchestra and Los Angeles Philharmonic; Eduardo Marturet, Music Director of Miami Symphony Orchestra; José Antonio Abreu, recipient of several recognitions including the Don Juan de Bourbon Award from Spain, UNICEF Award and Alternative Nobel Prize from Sweden; and The Wayuu Taya Foundation, founded by UNESCO Artist for Peace Patricia Velásquez.
Miami Dade College. Miami, Florida.
cs50xMiami: Introduction to Computer Science, 2017
• A six-month program by Harvard, the Knight Foundation, and The Idea Center, geared to teach how to think algorithmically and solve problems efficiently.
The School of the Art Institute of Chicago (SAIC). Chicago, Illinois.
Master of Fine Arts, New Arts Journalism, 2010
• Recipient of the Excellence in Student Leadership Award.
• Specialized in how to use data, design and programming for journalism.
• Production Editor at F Newsmagazine, SAIC's multi-award winning publication.
Universidad Católica Andrés Bello. Caracas, Venezuela.
Bachelor of Arts in Mass Communication, 2004
• Member of the Honors Program.
• Works awarded by the Associated Collegiate Press, Illinois College Press Association, Michigan State University, Student Society for News Design, and the Indiana Collegiate Press Association, among others.
• In-depth knowledge of user interface and web design; typography; layouts
and compositions; font and color management; and print production.
• Adobe suite.
• Fluent in Spanish.